regarding negligence of college in giving transfer and migration

Sir/Madam My younger sister took admission in k.n modi university and after one year she took transfer to itm university gwalior since k n modi univetsity jaipur was not recognised by aicte and also the environment of the college was not quite conducive to studies as frequent fights occured between students. But k n modi university denied to give transfer certificate and migration and also the original copy of marksheet of previous semester. On talking with the dean , he asked for the fees for whole course i.e upto final year then he would provide the certificates. Listening this me and my sister left and took admission in itm university gwalior in 2nd year on the basis of transfer case. There they asked for the certificates, we told them about what happened in k.n modi university but they said ok submit those certificates after sometime. Today my mother got call from itm university's deputy registrar regarding non submission of certificates and told to submit those at the earliest. Now i am in a dilemma what to take some legal action against the dean of k.n modi university or not. Please advice. Your advice will really be of a great value at this point of time for me and my family. I have many responsibilities as my father passed away on 29.07.2013. Thanks and regards