Reporting a crime under Section 497

Respected list members Section 497 of the IPC says "Whoever has sexual intercourse with a person who is and whom he knows or has reason to believe to be the wife of another man, without the consent or connivance of that man, such sexual intercourse not amounting to the offence of rape, is guilty of the offence of adultery, and shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to five years, or with fine, or with both. In such case the wife shall not be punishable as an abettor." What is the recommended step-by-step procedure in case of detection of a crime under section 497. Specifically, Q1) How can a crime under section 497 be reported? Does an FIR need to be filed at a police station? Q2) Can the FIR be filed in English? Or does it have to be in the language of the state? E.g. if the crime happened in Kolkata, Mumbai or Bengaluru? Q3) Does any evidence have to be presented at the time of filing of FIR? Or later during the court case? Q4) Who can report a crime under section 497? Only the husband of the wife in question, or anybody else? Thanks in advance