Co-op housing society

Dear Sir, My Myself Hemakar Shetty and stay in Mira Road in a Co-op housing society . I am Treasurer of the society . Recently we under took repair work with consent of AGM and special GM and work started. It was decided to use some amount from FD's which was around about 9.0 lakhs and balance through equal contribution from the flat owners based on the area of the flat. The entire tender was for Rs 35 lakhs . Now in process one of the member sent a legal notice through advocate saying job undertaken was not followed properly and entire work need to be stopped for wich we replied and accordingly worked moved but again after a gap of 5-6 monts he sent a legal notice saying fixed deposit of 35 lakhs cannot be used and the fact is that the society never had any fixed deposit of 35 lakhs . This person is misleading the people around and trying to disturb smooth running of the scociety and trying to spoil the managing commitee name with reasons best known to him. The society is going to reply accordingly but mean while would like to know if myself as a individual can take a legal action on him for misleading the facts and trying to defame the people working in the commitee . As a treasurer i feel to take a strong action on him. KIndly guide. Regards, Hemakar Shetty