does divorce in us valid in india

i got married in year 2010 in india we had proper grand indian wedding my marriage was registered in highcourt lucknow bench. my husband is us citizen . after 10 days of marriage he came back to us, his family was there in india i was with them, they tortured me mentally so much tht i cant explain, instead of tht i thought when i'll be my husband the things will be better he his family created so much of misunderstandings between us we had so much of arguments on phone, finally in jan 2013 i came to united states on immigrant visa, the things became worse day by day i was mentally and emotionally shattered , on may 2013 i got divorce summon through cop, i was unaware of everything in US i didnt know even anyone there so tht i can discuss, it was one sided divorce he went to court and signed the divorce papers, infact he kept all my documents with him, in july 2013 i went out from his house, there was a lady who helped me he didnt even give me single penny. its now 1.5 yrs, he destroyed 5 yrs of my life and mean time i went through so much of trauma, my question is , can i take action against him now?