Apartment association threatening with arbitrary fines.
Here is my problem in detail..
- In my apartment we have something called as monthly maintenance charges which are used for
amenities such as power-backup, housekeeping,security etc...
- Recently the association members(none of them is elected by proper election) had a GBM in
which they decided to collect corpus fund of 1lakh. Out of this 40,000/- is to be used for manjeera
and rest for corpus contribution.
- The collection of this amount is via. post dated monthly OR quarterly OR one time post dated
- They required the manjeera amount by Nov 2014 and final monthly installment of corpus amount
is in Feb2016. Anyone not paying by this plan is subjected to some arbitrary fines.
- My problem is that I was ready to give 40,000/- in the month of Nov2014 and rest 60,000/- in the
month of Feb2016, however association doesn't agree to it and is asking me to pay arbitrary
fines along with whole amount.
- Now they are threatening to cut off powerback and other amenities inspite of me paying for them
- What options do I have please advice.