how to face the problem
Subject: Complaint regarding harassment faced by me from Sri GVR Kishore, a reporter employed by Eenadu daily News Paper, Visakhapatnam and to Sri. Dhananjaya Naidu, Inspector of Police, Arilova outpost, Visakhapatnam. – Action against these two persons requested, for violation of my human rights.
1. I may be permitted to introduce myself as Potharlanka Sambaiah, Hindu, aged 72 years belonging to Rajaka caste (BC - A), a retired employee of Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, residing at Door No. 25-78, Sanjay Gandhi Colony, Old dairy farm, Near Ration Depot, Visakhapatnam-530040. I submit that I have constructed the said house about three decades ago and have been residing there peacefully ever since.
2. Due to the destruction caused by the cyclonic storm Hudhud, some trees which I had planted in my backyard were uprooted during 12th-13th of this month. On the 22nd of this month, at about 10 AM, Mr. Kishore along with several henchmen came to my house and started chopping down the fallen trees and clearing the land with crowbars, knives and axes. When I tried to stop him from occupying my land, he threatened me and my daughter-in-law, Mrs. Lakshmi of dire consequences. Apprehending dangerto our lives, we went and locked ourselves in the house. However, we managed to take some photographs of the culprits in action. This incident happened when my sons had gone away to work.
3. On the same day, we went to the Arilova outpost Police station but could not meet the concerned inspector of police, Mr. Dhananjaya Naidu as he was held up due to some other responsibilities. However, we lodged a complaint with M/S Eenadu, employers of Mr. Kishore. On the next day, i.e., 23-10-2014, at about 11 AM, we again went to the Arilova outpost police station and tried to lodge a complaint with Mr. Dhananjaya Naidu. However, after listening to my grievances, he refused to acknowledge and issue a receipt for the written complaint which we had given him.
4. Disappointed and aggrieved by Mr. Naidu’s refusal, I approached the central complaint cell, office of Commissioner of Police, Visakhapatnam on 24-10-2014 where my complaint was received and an acknowledgement was issued Receipt number 741/14, dated 24-10-2014 for the same. The Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr. Srinivasulu, had directed the Assistant
Commissioner of Police to conduct an enquiry. I have come to know from reliable sources that Mr. Naidu plans to extract vengeance against me for having complained to higher authorities against his dereliction of duty.
5. And in this connection I have come to know reliably that he is planning to foist false cases against me and my family including cases under SC and ST Atrocities Act. I may be permitted to submit that Mr. Kishore covers the crime beat of Arilova and I have learnt that Mr. Naidu and Mr. Kishore are friends and that together they wield considerable influence in the area where I reside. Under these circumstances I apprehend danger to our lives and property due to the acts and omissions of Mr. Kishore and Mr. Naidu. I and my family have been suffering mental agony for the past nine days. In addition my health which is already fragile, being a diabetic and a kidney patient has taken a turn for the worse. I pray that the Honourable commission may be pleased to take appropriate action against the erring persons and do justice to me at the earliest.
Thanking you Sir, yours sincerely
I herewith enclose the following documents for your kind perusal.
1) Complaint dated 22-10-2014 lodged by me to Eenadu.
2) Complaint dated 24-10-2014 lodged by me with Central Complaint Cell, office of the commissioner of police, Visakhapatnam.
3) Receipt number 741/14, dated 24-10-2014 issued by Central Complaint Cell, Office of the Commissioner of police, Visakhapatnam, forwarded to ACP East, Visakhapatnam for action.
4) Photographs (7 in number)