5.0 on 5.0
1) Graduated in Engineering in Electronics & Communications Branch in 1972 from Madras University.
2) Graduated in Law in 1978 from Bombay University with specialization in Interpretation of Statutes & Principles of Legislation and Labour welfare law.
3) Obtained PG Diploma in Financial Management from Bombay University.
4) Joined as Examiner of Patents & Designs in Patent office, in May 1974.
5) Promoted as Assistant Controller of Patents & Designs in May 1985 and then as Deputy Controller of Patents & Designs in November 1997.
6) Promoted as Joint Controller of Patents & Designs in January 2003 and then appointed as Controller General of Patents, Designs & Trade Marks from 2004 for 4 years
7) Appointed as Member (Technical) Patents Judge in Intellectual Property Appellate Board & worked for 4 years.
8) Registered as Advocate with Bar Council & practicing in IPR law advising clients in all litigation matters.
9) Have given Expert Technical opinions in Delhi HC about
a) Patentability procedure, Examination and grant procedure of patents;
b) About Patent granted to M/s. Philips Electronics for their DVD player in their infringement suit matter in Delhi High Court.
c) Computer programming and algorithms under section 3(k) about patentability issue, inventive step and obviousness in Delhi High Court;
d) Electrical LED lights & signalling systems against infringement by Ministry of Railways & Ministry of Power;
e) Power Transmission Cable in an infringement matter in Delhi High Court for & behalf of an American Company.
10) Have appeared in District courts prosecuting infringement matters of copyright matters.
Bombay High Court
Delhi High Court
Madras High Court