• Selling ancestoral property

We have an ancestral property located at Bhiwandi where the tenants live and also one part of land is unused as there use to be our factory which is now closed.

We want to sell that land as we are in need of money after our fathers demise, but my uncle (fathers brother) is not willing too sell as he is very rich. 

After my fathers demise, my mother's name along with mine and my brother's was added in 7/12 extract, but it also consist my uncles name as it is an ancestral property.

Is there any way around through which we can sell it?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bhiwandi, Maharashtra
file suit for partition of property by metes and bounds . once partition is done pursuant to court orders you can sell your share in the property .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
50932 Answers
3030 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

filing a suit for partition is the only way left for you to sell your father's share
Ananth Kumar
Advocate, Bangalore
122 Answers
61 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Do as suggested by Mr Sethi.
Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer