• Non-payment of gratuity

I was working for Noida based multinational company of last nine years. I resigned in the month of march 2013 as manager west region giving them one months notice. After that I have been following up for the payment of gratuity by emails and the company have promised that they shall pay the same, even the cheque of the payment seems to be ready but they are delaying the same without any valid reason. 

What legal action can be taken for recovery of these dues?
Asked 4 years ago in Labour from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Legal action will be long and time consuming,if cheque is ready,it is better to sort out amicably.
Anil Gupta,

Anil Gupta
Advocate, New Delhi
180 Answers
41 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

File an application with the authority under Payment of Gratuity Act in prescribed form ( you will find it in the schedule to the Act) and follow it up. It will not take much time. But make another effort to get the payment without taking this route.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
573 Answers
172 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer