• Salary not received

I joined a pvt ltd company 6 months back. I was asked to submit my passport for security reasons and was told it is company policy because the company gives laptop and cell phones to its employees and wants to make sure that the employee will not run away with it. After a lot of discussions and reluctance I submitted my passport.

I have to travel abroad very frequently for company work. After 6 months of joining the company made a rule that every employee traveling abroad has to use their personal credit card for all the expenses and the same shall be reimbursed when they submit all the bills. As an employee I thought this was not justified and discussed the same with management and asked them for an assurance in writing that the same will be followed and all the bills will be cleared. They refused to do so and said they would not change this policy for anyone.

I resigned from the job as it was the only way to safeguard my assets. As I was already a permanent employee I gave a notice period of 1 month but the management asked me to leave immediately and forcefully asked me to handover the laptop and mobile phone and did not give any acknowledgment for the same. I was not even told when I will receive my salary. As per my appointment letter if the employer fires me without notice, they are liable to pay me 45 days salary as a compensation along with the current salary. At this point neither have I received my last month salary nor a compensation for the 45 days.

What are the ways of recovering my salary and what are my chances of getting the same?
Asked 5 years ago in Labour from Mumbai, Maharashtra
You are entitled to your wages and dues under the terms of contract. If there is a dispute regarding the same you have to recover through process of law by filing a civil suit for recovery. A simple and less expensive way is that you report the case to Chief Inspector under Shops and Establishment Act. The office of this authority is usually located in the Labour commissioner's office.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
577 Answers
172 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer