• TDS deducted from salary not entered in tan/26 a

myself working in junior college. every month my college deduct Rs. 3000 from my salary as tds.
college deposit the same in  state bank of india under TAN no of college also mentioning my PAN no . but when go the tan site for 26 a it didn't shows details of TDS
Asked 3 years ago in Taxation from Unknown, Maharashtra
If TDS is not shown in the computer generated Form 26as, there are decision of various tribunals and Courts that the credit needs to be given to the deductee on the basis of the evidence furnished which could be the TDS certificate etc where the deductor does not upload the correct details in the Form 26AS. further, it may be so that the deductor has not filed the TDS return correctly, ask them to file it correctly. If you are sure that your company has filed the TDS correctly then write to the Income Tax (TDS) giving your PAN and the documents showing the TDS deducted.

Tax Lawyers