• Under 420

Sir i am Naveen Kumar from Bangalore. I taken money 1 lack from one of my friend for that i given  1 blank cheque. Now he is asking me to give 5 lacks he is telling now i will deposit my cheque he is telling like this. and i already stopped the payment that cheque . if he deposit that cheque it will not clear that cheque at that time he can take any legal action on me ? and i taken money from him by cash only i dint gave any document also i just gave one blank cheque . now he is showing in that cheque 5 lacks rs . for this what should i do now?
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
The cheque can be contested for material alteration. Alternatively, you can register a case against your friend for cheating.

Feroz A. Shaikh
Advocate, Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations
4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Criminal Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
16576 Answers
153 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
19256 Answers
488 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
13240 Answers
281 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
6511 Answers
72 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3731 Answers
140 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
3015 Answers
45 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
948 Answers
64 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
1994 Answers
23 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1353 Answers
93 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
813 Answers
57 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0