I am working in public sector Bank as Senior Manager (scale 3)
I was declared promoted on 15.06.2015 to scale 4 against future vacancies and on the same date i got a punishment in minor for one increment low (Charge sheet date is 13.06.2015 and the show cause letter was dated 12.03.2014).On behalf of my proposed promotion, I was transferred inter region.After joining at new place, I filed an appeal for which the punishment was lowered to censure on 30.10.2015 as the five loan accounts mentioned in the charge sheet are running standard regular even today.
Now, I was supposed to be promoted w.e.f.01.12.2015 but instead of getting promotion letter, I got a letter for witholding of promotion on behalf of my result for promotion has been deemed to have been placed in sealed cover which shall be valid till the disciplinary case against me(which I think is over with the award of punishment) is concluded or immediately before the initiation of next promotion process.
Though I have filed a review petition with the Bank E.D./Reviewing Authority, I am highly disturbed as I am living away from my family because of this promotion which has also been snatched from me.
Asked 1 year ago in Labour from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
1. You bare extremely unlucky in the instant case,
2. Letter related to the Promotion is kept in sealed cover if there is any disciplinary case pending against the candidate,
3. After the result of the disciplinary inquiry is disclosed. the sealed cover is opened and if the candidate has been exonerated, the promotion letter is handed over to him and if he is punished, the promotion letter is cancelled,
4. You appeal for getting exonerated through appellate authority or through court and once you are exonerated,you will get affect of your promotion.
Thanks for your reply but please tell me that when the punishment was given on 15.06.2015, why the result kept in sealed cover and even not informed to me nor shown in the result.Also, the punishment has been lowered to censure after appeal.Also, see the time lag in issuing show cause notice (12.03.2014) charge sheet on 13.06.2015 so that the punishment coincided with my result.
Can I represent against witholding of promotion on these grounds.
Asked 1 year ago
1. Your promotion date and punishment date coincided and that is why I found your case very unfortunate,
2. your punishment has been lowered but you have not been exonerated,
3. o, the only way left before you is to get yourself exonerated to get promoted from retrospective effect.