• Compensation

I have been working in a Government  undertaking.I was deprived of a prized posting, initially for nepotism and then for some rules victimizing me with its retrospective regulations. I requested intervention from the top management but it was futile.Then I filed a writ petition at Kolkata High Court for justice.My case was dismissed as the honorable judge declared that transfer is a management prerogative and he did not want to intervene.But he also declared that if I may feel victimized, I should seek compensation. I did not file that.This was 3 years back.Now, next year I am retiring.After I receive my retirement benefit, can I dig up the issue and file for compensation.Believe me, I have a genuine grievance.
Asked 2 years ago in Labour from KOLKATA, West Bengal
1. Yes, you can file a petition for compensation as suggested by he High Court,

2. Make sure tat you have valid and acceptable ground to seek compensation,

3. If questioned about delay in filing the said petition, your stand should be that you did not want to take the risk of being further victimised by the authority and filed the petition after retiring from he service.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18818 Answers
454 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer