• Case under 420

I gave two blank cheques amounting to 250000 to my relative for booking two flats in Faridabad. He got cashed my cheques in somebody else  and got flats booked in his name. What is the legal action I should take action against my relative to recover my money.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Gurgaon, Haryana
You can file a private complaint under Sections 420 and 406 of IPC in a criminal court with relevant documents you have on hand and seek its recovery. Simultaneously, you can also file case in civil court for seeking compensation and damages.

Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer