• Advice on the action after love marriage failure on Divorce

I m graduated girl and i have done my love marriage on nov2012 and after one year my husband started giving importance to his family and totaly they all get combined and started torturing me mentally as well as physically...then i talked to my father and i gone with them to my dad home.....after that he never called me and dnt talked to me ...he also misbehaved to all my family members ...my father also gives him 1.7lakh cash when they are newly married....after spending 6 months at home he came to his home...my parents again gone to his house bt he misbehaved to them ....nw i m still at my parents home ....i have nt done any action on him ....should their any law if their time gap increases ...means i m at home Is it possible that he cn get divorceeasily if time gap increases beyond 6 months....i dnt want to get divorce ...i also want him to pay to his guilty plzzz advice me plzzz its matter of my life and also tell me what should i do????
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from kangra, Himachal Pradesh
Religion: Hindu
If you would like to stay with him you may write the entire situation as mentioned in your question in a letter and mail it to him via registered post to settle the misunderstanding within certain time period from the receipt of your letter, failing which you have following legal recourse:

1. to file restitution of conjugal rights in family court. The court would order him to accept you and would help you to settle the matter; if possible amicably;

2. Domestic Violence Act;

3. Worst case scenario, if there is mental harassment; as a last resort, without any practical possibility of reconciliation you may lodge 498A with the nearest police station. However, please ensure that facts are presented and there seems to be deliberate harassment and cruelty caused to you.

Feroz A. Shaikh
Advocate, Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations
4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Family Lawyers

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
27344 Answers
1486 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
17480 Answers
165 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
13586 Answers
291 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
19611 Answers
507 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
6913 Answers
78 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3814 Answers
151 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
3146 Answers
47 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
974 Answers
69 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2032 Answers
24 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1303 Answers
71 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0