• Government employment

Dear sir when i joined the excise department as inspector, i was asked to fill up an attestation form in which some questions were asked like 
1 have you ever been arrested
2 have you ever been detained, bound down
and so on
at that time , i was implicated in a criminal case u/s 354,366, 
but i didnt mention this in the form and wrote N/A instead
Now i have been acquitted in this case, now i know that if department come to know about my case, i will be terminated on grounds of concealment of facts and i will not be able to do govt service again in life.
i am again selected as inspector in income tax department through a fresh recruitment this year.
now again i will have to fill up the same form,
if i resign from the excise department(non-technical resignation) and mention the case details in the attestation form, can the income tax department check my documents submitted to excise department and deny me joining on the grounds that i have concealed facts in the previous depatrment.
Asked 1 year ago in Labour from kolkata, West Bengal
This Is a difficult situation. It would be difficult for lawyers to advise you on the above facts on an internet forum especially because the matter involves confidentiality and the lawyers advice will be on record. You are advised to approach a lawyer in person and then ask him the following. 

In my opinion as far as I can say on this platform you are obviously trapped in an extreme tricky situation. However strictly going by the language of the questions (if that is the exact language) then i guess you have nothing to fear unless you were arrested or detained. Merely being prosecuted under the provisions will not amount to detention and/or arrest.
What you have done is an offence under the laws of the land. But to put your gmail id in here is a rather unsmart way of self incriminating yourself. Now everyone here knows your name as well. Kindly appreciate that sometimes it is better to consult a lawyer in person than post questions on the internet.