• Original land documents grabbing

Thank you sir for your quick reply.  Certainly, I will be pressing for action under Sec. 406 IPC.  However, the opp. parties (my in-laws) are senior citizens,  whether any leniency would be given by the court if I file this case u/s 406.  The conspiracy was hatched by my (1) in-laws, (2) two brother-in-law and (3) my sister-in-law.  All are residing at my own residence (free of cost) from 2003 to 2007 and thereafter they taken away our property documents and kept with them illegally.  Now, If I want to go ahead to file case u/s 406, do I have to include my brother-in-laws/sister-in-law as a party? (they have all signed as witness) .  Where to file this case (in the magistrate court or in the police station).  Please advise.
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Yes, do include names of all those persons who were involved in this offence.

406 IPC can be filed in MM court seperately.
Soumya Kundu

Yes, you can file still now.

1. You can lodge a police complaint u/s406 of IPCunder copy to S.P.,

2. If police fails to act, file an application u/s156(3) before the Court praying for direction upon the police to investigate and act based on your complaint.