• Aerial distance between two places

I have sold a horticultural land situated in the grampanchyat  of neral,maharashtra 'nearest municipality is matheran which is 10 km away by road.
how will i find out the distance as 'the crow flies ' between the above mentioned places ,so as to get capital tax exemption .will u let me know the distance as i am unable to get it on google
Asked 1 year ago in Taxation from Dombivli, Maharashtra
there are many tools on the internet by which you can calculate the distance between the two places. The distance between neral and matheran as per the google result for the "crow flies" is 4.298 miles. If you are asking for different cities then you may locate on the given url: http://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-is-it-between.htm
the distance by road may be more but if its is coming less than aerially then the said land would be considered as agricultural land. hence if the said land is held as an investment, it will be considered as capital gains tax however please verify with a CA on technical view as regards the population of the nearest municipality. if the population is more than 10,000, u wld fall within the jurisdiction of municipality and liable to pay capital gain tax.

Tax Lawyers

Niranjan