• Workplace discrimination

1) I and my Teachers' Association filed a case against our Principal for attempting to physically assault, using obscene and abusive language and threatening of dire consequences to my career, etc. at the Assam State Commission for Women (ASCW) This was witnessed by 25 employees who confirmed the incident in writing on 3 occasions.
2) An FIR was also filed by the Teachers' Association and in response to which the Principal also filed FIR against me that I had used unparliamentary language against him in his office chamber and show his administrative capacity he had come to the Teachers' Common Room to say few words. So, he never resorted to the activities he has accused of.
3) The FIRs were mutually withdrawn by both the Teachers' Unit and Principal due to public pressure as our college is located in rural area where public say is high.
4) In a hearing of the case at the office of the ASCW the Principal denied the charges alleging that this case was a conspiracy to get him transferred.
5) The ASCW directed for further Magestrial Inquiry nd directed the Principal to place the case in the Governing Body Meeting of the College and gave 3rd October as next date for hearing.
6) After the hearing at ASCW, the Principal has resorted to vindictive agenda.
7) He has issued Explanatory Notices to 2 of the witnesses who accompanied me in the hearing of the Case (The ASCW had asked to bring only few witnesses) asking them to explain what they were doing in ASCW office (The witnesses had duly taken casual leave and station leave permission to go to ASCW)
8) Now the Principal is discriminating against me by leaving me out of various college committees, overloading me and my departmental (Economics) by not appointing teachers against vacant posts
9) Making threatening statements against me in from of junior colleagues

Kindly advice what I can do to save myself from this indignity, humiliation and insecured wrkplace environment.

Dr. Monimala Devi, 
Assistant Professor of Economics,
DDR College (Under Government of Assam),
Chabua, Dibrugarh (Assam)
Asked 2 years ago in Labour from Dibrugarh, Assam

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer