• Company holding PF

Hi All,

My wife worked as an HR executive in a school, The Indian Public School, Chennai (TIPS) for 1.5 years. She had resigned 6 months back and still the PF is not getting processed because of some conflicts within the organization on purpose. We have followed up multiple times and still there is no proper answer. She resigned because of internal politics which she felt was not ethical. How can i proceed next, pls advise.
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Be reminded that under no circumstances an organization can hold of Provident Fund of an employee. You have stated that you approached the School number of times without any fruitful purpose. Hence, it is advised to send the school authorities a legal notice through some lawyer and ask them to remit your PF money in time bound manner. Failure on their part, in responding to legal notice, would give an edge to your case, if filed in the competent court of law.
Rajinder Kumar
Advocate, New Delhi
68 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. Send a legal notice to the school asking them to deposit her PF immediately,

2. If the school fail to act send a complaint letter  attaching your legal notice calling upon the PF Commissioner to take action against the school authorities as per law,

3. If PF Commissioner fails to act, file a Writ Petition against his inaction. 
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18749 Answers
453 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer