• Regarding transfer policy

Sir, I am a bank employee I have joined the bank since two years and we were having two years probation which I completed 2 months ago.While at the time of joining the hrm told like we will be getting one phase as home posting which we 4 of my friends doesn't got.I have posted to Chandigarh for my third phase but some union people helped me to get it changes to Hyderabad where i am working now.The reason was my wife who is also same bank employee she got in Kerala at that time we were about to get married.so both of us went personally but they didn't obliged and was told like confirmation posting will be at your home town.Transfer order came last week and what we expected is not happened we are retained in same zone.My question is even though vacancies are reported in our home town, kerala and neglecting the request of us as well as union and zonal managers our hrm department is posting employees are posted meaningless.please tell me how to go against this legally ao that our postings will be changed and also others don't face these difficulties.it so cruel that I we ask for leave for 2 weeks for seeing our old parents these people are not allowing.e
Expecting a reply.
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from Hyderabad, Telangana
Your bank must be having the transfer policy guidelines. Please go through that. As per the various court judgments, the employer should follow and adhere to the transfer policy and any thing contrary to that would certainly goes in favour of an employee.
Please confirm from HR regarding policy- where the employer consider posting of husband and wife at the same station. You both can definitely submit your representation and request them to place both of you at the same station in your home town. If you failed to receive any favourable response, you may approach the court and seek judicial remedy. 
Rajinder Kumar
Advocate, New Delhi
68 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer