• How can I get my money back from the builder ?

I have  paid about Rs.15 lakhs in November 2011 to a builder who promised to give possession of my apartment by November 2013.  An agreement for sale has also been signed. However, till now the project has not started. When I asked him to return the money saying that I am not interested in the property due to the delay, he is refusing to give me back the money (paid through cheque to him). The site is in  PadmaraoNagar, Secunderabad.
How can i get this money back from him? Any amount of requesting has failed to get results.

Thanks and regards......
Anand S M
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Dear Mr. Anand,

I suggest you to send a notice to builder asking for refund as the deadline has been crossed and has not started the construction. If he fails to respond to the notice positively, you can approach consumer forum. You narrate the entire facts of the case and ask for refund (as the deadline is crossed and builder has not started the construction) along with compensation. 
It is advisable to seek help of Advocate to draft notice and represent you in the Consumer Forum.

Sandeep Hegde
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
116 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer