• Stop payment cheque

I have done a agreement to sale for a land of worth 42 lakh. During agreement to sale i have given a cheeque to my land owner , that was signed cheque without any date. i have given this to make further payment. in agreement we have mention 6 lakh that already given and we have to give 36 lakh via home loan. At taht time we are planning to take a personal loan of 9.5 lakh and rest amount with home loan . so we have given that cheque. but after agreement to sale has done lan owner threatend us we have to give other 15 lakh other than 42 and he will file a complain if we wont buy the said flat with 57 lakh (42+15) . i have immediately stop the payment of cheque as i have not sufficient amount and send him notice that you are asking more money and thts whay i stopped loan disbursment process. In reply of notice he is agreed that he wants to sale the flat on 42 lakh but he is also given 15 lakh other furnitures and all. We havent done any agreement for this and we r not getting any furnitures and extra stuff..now he is threating to us i will file criminal case against me for ishonouring of cheque.

As we have already said we are ready to buy that flat on 42 and becuse you are demanding more money we have stop the payment.Any criminal case can be lodged on me?
 what will bw thw solution for this?
 I am ready to go to court for property dispute, but waht to do for this cheque stop payment.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Pune, Maharashtra