• Stop payment cheque

I have done a agreement to sale for a land of worth 42 lakh. During agreement to sale i have given a cheeque to my land owner , that was signed cheque without any date. i have given this to make further payment. in agreement we have mention 6 lakh that already given and we have to give 36 lakh via home loan. At taht time we are planning to take a personal loan of 9.5 lakh and rest amount with home loan . so we have given that cheque. but after agreement to sale has done lan owner threatend us we have to give other 15 lakh other than 42 and he will file a complain if we wont buy the said flat with 57 lakh (42+15) . i have immediately stop the payment of cheque as i have not sufficient amount and send him notice that you are asking more money and thts whay i stopped loan disbursment process. In reply of notice he is agreed that he wants to sale the flat on 42 lakh but he is also given 15 lakh other furnitures and all. We havent done any agreement for this and we r not getting any furnitures and extra stuff..now he is threating to us i will file criminal case against me for ishonouring of cheque.

As we have already said we are ready to buy that flat on 42 and becuse you are demanding more money we have stop the payment.Any criminal case can be lodged on me?
 what will bw thw solution for this?
 I am ready to go to court for property dispute, but waht to do for this cheque stop payment.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Pune, Maharashtra

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Criminal Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
12798 Answers
120 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
17476 Answers
427 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
11378 Answers
210 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
4616 Answers
48 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3372 Answers
125 Consultations
4.8 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
828 Answers
36 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2635 Answers
38 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
1851 Answers
18 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1285 Answers
82 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1933 Answers
61 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0