• How to apply for divorce other than mutual consent

Hi, I am 35 year old Hindu and I am planning to file a divorce petition against my wife as she is not ready for mutual consent divorce. We have a six month old son. I am worried about him as my wife does not take care of him as most mother's usually take being an unwanted baby immediately after marriage. Also she doesn't like kids and spends her free time with her friends. I work in night shifts all days and takes care of my son in a day time who was a premature and very weak after delivery. My wife fights with me frequently for any small reason and some times when she becomes violent she harm me physically also. She also abused my parents many times who are bed ridden due to illness. She does not work at home at all and needs all things ready made. She works for one private firm and does not support financially to family which I don't expect from her other than normal good behaviour. I am the only earning member of my family and trying my best to take care of my parents and son. I have tried all possible things to protect my married life but it is not going well. I have also told her parents about her rude behaviour but they are not helping me out in this other than cold sympathy. Kindly help me out and guide me to file divorce.
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Family Lawyers

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
21588 Answers
1124 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
12545 Answers
119 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
17341 Answers
425 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
11230 Answers
204 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
4556 Answers
48 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2635 Answers
38 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3336 Answers
122 Consultations
4.8 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
801 Answers
36 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
1846 Answers
18 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1932 Answers
61 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0