• Claim on property of father in law

I am a married woman and have a son 10 years. My husband is well qualified but due to alcoholic he is not working and for the last couple of days I am alone managing whole responsibility. My father-in-law is quite rich as he has served on prominent position in central govt. Presently lives in other state with wife and unmarried daughter. Now, my question is since my husband not working and not taking responsibility should I claim from in-laws for my son's upbringing. Though, I am working but mentally disturbed due to my husband alcoholic habit. Plz advise.
Asked 10 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

1 Answer

you cannot claim a maintenance or money from your in-laws for your son's upbringing. If your husband is living at the date of the application in the court so you can not get maintenance or money. Even though a husband is not financially sound than also you can not get.

Another thing that you are working woman so you have no right to ask for maintenance or money from your in-laws.

Hiren Jitubhai Brahmbhatt
Advocate, Ahmedabad
8 Answers

Not rated

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer