• Eligibility for pay protection

Combined andhrapradesh established Ap model school as central sponsored scheme in 2013. Later delinked from central funds. In 2012 Ap model school recruitment was held I got selected as pgt in apmodel school narasapuram kasinayana kadapa. Now I completed my ,6 years of service. Now again in 2018 model DSC was held and I got selected for principal post. Now as pgt I crossed the basic pay which was notified as starting basic pay for principal post. Now as per information received from higher authorities that there is no. Pay protection for in-service teaches working in same ap model school s. My doubt is whether to join as principal by loosing two increments or continue as pgt by not joing as principal. Please suggest me whether I am eligible for pay protection or not.
Asked 6 days ago in Labour from Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh

Wordings are if a Government servant joins another Department, so less chances of pay protection.

Decide your self which post is beneficial for you financial with less responsibility and pressure.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
14984 Answers
19 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

You're eligible for principal post along with two increments of your previous services. All these are in the hand of HOD and home ministry department. Take the example of BPCL company. 

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
8481 Answers
70 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

It can be deemed as promotion hence your pay has to be protected on promotion.

You cannot be paid lesser salary than what you have been drawing especially when you have been elevated with a higher designation.

You accept the promotion first and then when the salary is being paid yo better make a representation in writing to the top management about this discrimination in pay and allowances.

If your requests are not accepted or you dont get a fruitful result to all your efforts, you may file a writ petition to seek relief and remedy for this.

You should not deny the elevation you are being given by the authorities for any reason.


T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
59440 Answers
756 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if your grade pay is also the same as you are drawing in the present scale you would get the same basic salary, as a protected pay. 

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
12143 Answers
4 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You are eligible for pay protection and if authorities are refusing for giving benefits of pay protection then you can file writ petition before High court for claiming pay protection.

Or you can continue with current post and wait for promotion to post of principal.

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
5151 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer