• Suspended and no salary paid

I was working in an institute as Principal and did various outstanding tasks during my tenures. As the institute found another person with their knowing started questioning about my work. As I adjusted office and college with insufficient staff they ask for proper work. After this I don't went to institute as saying I left the job due to verbal and mental harassment. Then they called me and say your four months salary withhold due to you have pay some dues to college as I paid the all dues. Institute is a private trust firm. Please give me advice what to do as I am unemployed today due to management injustice. I was ad hoc category employee have right to leave the job without prior notice to college.
Asked 3 years ago in Constitutional Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
You would have to approach labour court with your grievances. Also, in interim please give them a legal notice stating the facts of the case. If you have documentary evidences to prove injustice, it would be in your favour.

Under Constitution begaar or non-payment of salary/dues are not permitted. Alternatively, Industrial disputes acts, Standing order including labour law provisions would be applicable in your case.

Have you officially given any letter of resignation to them? In case if its given then you would be only entitled to your pending dues.

Please let me know should there be any further questions.

Feroz A. Shaikh
Advocate, Mumbai
216 Answers
58 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Constitutional Lawyers

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
23383 Answers
1229 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
18259 Answers
450 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
5248 Answers
54 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2792 Answers
41 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1954 Answers
66 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1316 Answers
85 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1242 Answers
59 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Saptarshi Banerjee
Advocate, Kolkata
183 Answers
4 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nahush Khubalkar
Advocate, Nagpur
44 Answers
4 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Shivam Sood
Advocate, Ludhiana
80 Answers
0 Consultations
3.0 on 5.0