• Terminated without reason and not paid 20 days salary

Greetings for the day. I was Employed as Branch Manger with one of the pvt finance company of India. i joined on 26th jul 2013, On 15th Jan 2014 my ZM visited the branch along with admin officer i was out of branch for official work, he locked the doors and was sitting with other employees, he looked cash register,key movement register etc and found nothing wrong,then he asked me to give notice period or he will terminate me, afraid of black mark on career i gave 15 days notice period. i was asked not to attend office from 15th jan 2014, i demanded receipt of notice period/instructive letter for not attending office and was told to treat the notice period letter as resignation as on 31st jan 2014 and must not visit office till next instructions.I was told that u will be informed for your exit formalities after notice period. No clear written instructions were furnished towards attending the office nor any communication was made in this regard nor any registered letter was sent to my address regarding this nor a letter/email was sent of my absence from services/office/absconding.  
My 20 Days of services towards organization was paid services and full day services are in records ie from 26 dec 2013 till 15 jan 2014 for which my attendance is marked. Salary for these 20 days i would like to claim as i have given my full services.
After 25 days when i didnt get any response from company i sent email asking for F&F,they said no exit formalities are done from my end hence they have not done F&F.
they asked me to visit branch and do the exit formalities, due to my mother`s illness i had to shift from my job place to native place and I couldnt personally visit branch for handing over the branch it was mentioned in my email to HR regarding my unavailibility to visit branch. I sent the exit form by mail and it was accepted and processed, but as F&F settlement the company deducted 15 days salary stating i had not attended the office and not co operated for handing over branch hence it is deducted. i had given my services to teh company hence i would like to get the salary for it, i would like to know if i can get it or not?
Asked 4 years ago in Labour from Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh
You can not challenge the termination but surely you can claim legally earned wages.  You can file a suit for recovery of the amount. Other Way is to file a complaint with the Inspector under shops and establishment act.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
569 Answers
170 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer