• Prostitution

If a Spa gets raided and I get caught in a compromising position with the masseur. What should I do to get rid of this trouble?
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law

4 answers received in 10 minutes.

Has any FIR been lodged against you?

Siddharth Jain

Have you been served with any notice?

Or the police has also caught you?

Is there a FIR against you already under the provisions under IPC and Immoral Trafficking Act? If yes, approach the Allahabad High Court and seek arrest on your stay.

Settlement with the police, the clients though cannot be caught under the law in India as prostitution and having sex is not crime pimping and advertising sex is so it is better to pay some amount and get out of the issue quitely.

There is no specific guidelines with regards to the same.

Raids are generally conducted to check on prostitution that goes on in the name of spa center.

Madras HC has recently passed some order with regards to the same:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Madras-high-court-bans-arbitrary-police-raids-on-massage-parlours-spas/articleshow/45546604.cms

In case you are caught, police would not file any FIR against you and would leave you after taking some bribe.

Siddharth Jain

See as such the police cannot level any charge against you under the law but in such situations they charge you for being pimp for soliciting sex in public place so it is better to get out of such mess further clients are least harmed in such case,

1. There is now way to get rid of the situation . The Police once catching you red handed can book you under Immoral Traffic Act and arrest you for this.

2. So it is always better to be safe than sorry.

3. If you are caught committing a crime then i wonder how can you get rid of ti.

If you both are major and doing that act with full consent in private room then no offence is made out. Police can not register any case against you. Police only could initiated the proceedings if you given wrong address or concealed your identity

You can deny the charges. They cannot click photo or video of you in a compromising position so you can easily deny stating you were there for massage and were not in a compromising position.

Abhilasha Wanmali

I would like to tell you that according to your factual situation,you were caught red handed which can't be ignored.you were doing something illegal in a'' public place'' though it was not actually, this act of yours falls within the ambit of 'immoral trafficking act'.

secondly, the illegal activity of yours does not cover up, your excuse of ''consenting parties to the sex",unless or untill the contrary is proved. so, you are presumed to be the guilty untill the actual facts are proved by way of evidence.

thus, three of you would be booked under the immoral tafficking act. but, there's a good scope to escape if your story is true. it can be a good case.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi

If you are having sex with masseur and get caught in raid you would be prosecuted

Avoid having sex with masseur in spa

You ca have it in hotel room

Dear

It is a bailable offence and you would get bail from the PS itself.

Adv vikas

Vikas Khatri

In compromising situation, you will be arrested for promoting prasittution and paid sex.

It depends on the charges made against you by the police.

A client is guilty of consorting with prostitutes and can be charged if he engages in sex acts with a sex worker within 200 yards of a public place or "notified area". (Imprisonment of up to 3 months)

I am just asking because I visit spa regularly so I must know about all the consequences and how to get rid of Arrest if am caught in a spa having sex with a masseur.

If you are caught in a raid, dont argue with the cops, stuff some currencies in their pocket and escape, if you talk law, they may push you inside due to provocation.

You should try and settle the matter with Police before they book you in a case under Immoral Trafficking Act.