• Company not giving settlement

As i was in a pharma company based in delhi since one year. Resigned last month. When i resigned that time i gave notice to the company.now they said that two month salary will be deducted, that is 66k. As per rule it should be one month.
Although i have not signed any document where mention any condition yet i ready to get one month salary deduction. but they said for two month...is it right?
Can i go for it in labour court? my designation was district manager.
Asked 4 years ago in Labour from New Delhi, Delhi
You are governed by the service conditions mentioned in the appointment letter. If there is no condition regarding severance of relations then a reasonable notice of one month  should suffice. Therefore the employer is not justified in asking two month  salary as notice period. 
You have to file  a civil suit for recovery of your dues since Industrial Dispute Act is not applicable to you being employed in managerial capacity.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
574 Answers
172 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can go to the labour court. You are free to act but bound to bear the result. It is good that you are straight forward. So move forward with clean hands and don't hide anything.
Ranbir Singh Sharma
Advocate, Ghaziabad
15 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer