1.In India which law covers the service rights of field engineer and field staffs of a state govt own electricity distribution company?
2.Can management impose personal liability on field engineer of a govt own electricity distribution company regarding any electrical casuality of line staffs during their duty hours?
3.Do a single field engineers of a electricity distribution company is bound to serve 24 hours without any extra facility?
Asked 5 days ago in Labour from Agartala, Tripura
Sir the state electricity boards were established in India decades ago and afterwards they were privatised due to mounting losses. The disciplinary rules of each state have been enacted bybthe state legislature and the on duty service rules vary from state to state.
Tripura state electricity board and it's employees must be following the rules made by the state of tripura.
Imposing responsibility cannot be done arbitrarily and a notice has to be given to the employee Nd after a oral hearing chargesheet has to be given. His reply has to be taken into consideration and then an adverse entry or a censure entry can be given.
1. The state service rules made for particular service or department. Though in most of services general stste rules apply further in some.specific services special rules are there.
So for state company your appointment letter must read under what rules you are governed.
2. Yes if is was due to his negligence or if there was beach in duty on his part.
3. No he van not be asked to work 24 hours the working hours are fixed under law and 24 service even 12 hours cannot be asked.
1. The rules and regulations of the concerned Electricity department will be the governing law in this regard.
2. The death due to an accident while on duty will be treated as an accidental death and the Engineer cannot be held responsible for that until and unless ther is any violation in the working procedure which was in the knowledge of the in charge engineer.
3. They are bond to work as per service regulations, he cannot be compelled to work for 24 hours continuously.