• Abada Jogya Anabadi land possession

My hometown is Sundargarh, Odisha.
One of my grandfather land was declared as "Abada Jogya Anabadi" long back, but it is mentioned that land is in possession of my Grandfather till today. My Grandfather is no more alive.

Can the land be registered on my Fathers name now. 
Cultivation is not happening on the land, however it can be used as residential property. Since dense population has already settled around the land.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

What dose Abada Jogya Anabadi mean.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

In revenue records, in whose name this land is ? or through what mode land has been acquired by G F.

If it`s in your grand father`s name at represent, than apply for Legal Heir certificate (of G f`s) at tehsildaar, Hope your father is only son, than apply for mutation of land in father`s name attaching G F`s death certificate and LHC.

If it`s in Govt. name than file declaration suit on the basis of actual ownership and possession.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

If the land was allotted to your grandfather then after his intestate death the property will devolve on all his legal heirs.

Without proper permission for conversion, this may not be used for residential purpose.

You may have to obtain permission from district collector for this.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78057 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer