• Can we sue the central government on its taxation policies

I want to enquire if it is possible to sue the central gov of India in Supreme Court regarding its taxation policies for salaried individual.
The current tax rules have not been really adjusted to take in accounts the real expenses and cost of living. For example :- Medical is still 15k which is actually very small amount considering the cost of medical treatment at present.

The Government simple rejected the DTC Committee report to revise the tax brackets because it says it will cost a loss of 60k crores to the government. It seems like central gov is hell bent on extorting more taxes out of individuals without even considering the current cost of living.

Over the years gov has provided lots n lots of subsidies to business including tax breaks but nothing significant has been done in case of individual.

Please let me know what you think about this.
Asked 2 years ago in Taxation from Ban, Karnataka
Yes u can provide you are able to show that the policy so framed is not sustainable on the ground of equality. If the discrimination can be proved then the policy can be challenged.

Tax Lawyers

Niranjan