• Transfer to nearest location of my posting

I am working in a PSU  and my wife is also working in another PSU. She has applied for the transfer to the nearest location of my place of posting six months ago yet she has not been transferred. Is there any set time frame regarding this or is there any law regarding posting of husband and wife to the nearest possible location.
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
There is no set time frame as such however when applied for transfer, the final decision should be communicated within 6 months. Further, check your bye-laws if there is any condition of transfer of wife and husband to the nearest possible location. if your PSU and your wife's PSU is following CCS Rules, etc There are circulars issued by the Department of Personnel and Training giving guidelines for the purpose of posting the husband and wife who are under the government service at the same station for the welfare of the children and their studies, etc.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
866 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. There is no circular issued by the Govt mandating transfer of either husband or wife to the sopuce's place of posting,

2. However, the transfer policy of both of your PSU should be consulted to advise properly,

3. However, normally PSUs considers transfers on humanitarian grounds,

4. If you find no other way and if you are not bothered about retaliation by your management, te you can file a W.P. before the High Court  praying for transfer of any of you to other's place of posting.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18510 Answers
448 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer