• Delhi VAT deposit, return filing, rates and accounts

I have started an online garment store - wwwpiouspick.com. It is a Pvt. Ltd. Co. Woud like to know following:

1. I sell garments which are either manufactured in our facility or simply traded. These include Kurtas, Suits, Sarees and Lajengas. What rates are applicable to my products? Are the rates same for sales made to clients in Delhi and to customers outside. How should i calculate my VAT?
2. What is the applicability on dresses sold to overseas clients?
2. How do I deposit VAT? Which form should I use and where do I deposit it? Is CST different?
3. How and where do I file returns? Where do I find the return format. 
4. When I courier the dresses do I need to attach any document with the courier. 
5. What registers / accounts do i maintain as I have heard about VAT credit. 
6. Is there any online source to remain updated about the changes.

Asked 2 years ago in Business Law from New Delhi, Delhi
1. the ready made garments when manufactured in your facility, will attract VAT. as per Delhi VAT is 5% and when sold to outside customers, it varies from State to State. Except in Delhi, Punjab and UP, Vat is 4% everywhere else.

2. the sales tax will be applicable for products any sale within india. however for sale outside india, no sales tax is applicable.

3. Contact your CA, he would give you detail of how to file return and what is the format and which form will be used for submitting VAT. You also would have to register as a trader before filling the VAT.

4. with the courier, the Bill is to be enclosed giving complete information as regards the VAT and other taxes

5. to keep yourself updated with any changes in the VAT online, you may visit http://dvat.gov.in/website/home.html#