• Software copyrights

A anti piracy raid was carried out at my office by a anti piracy firm. They found a pirated software copy in my laptop for which they charged me Section 23B and section 24 of the copyright law. That particular software wasn't being used and in fact it wasn't even installed.  I just carried it as a backup in my laptop for future learning purposes. Being a fresher, I wasn't aware about the laws pertaining to carrying software in office laptops. I want to settle the case. Please suggest me ways to do the same as I am finding it difficult to even find a lawyer related to this case.
Asked 2 years ago in Intellectual Property from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Dear Software Copyrights,

Please contact Sunil Krishna on 9820023229 and give my reference (Advocate Sidharth of Kolkata0. Your case will be handled most professionally.
Sidharth Das
When did you install the pirated software and who provided it to you?  

Ignorance of law is no excuse when you commit an offence. You can settle the matter however you need to disclose regarding the software etc details.
You have to hire an Advocate to properly reply to their notice. you can challenge them saying that the file was store in my computer and as you were aware that you don't have license to use it you have not installed. challenge them to prove their allegation, threaten them them that, if they peruse case against you and fail to prove the piracy (by way of installing and using it) you will file case against them and seek compensation.

Intellectual Property Lawyers

Sidharth Das
Sudershani Ray
Deepak Tiwari