• Drink and Drive procedure

I was stopped at a nakabundi on Friday, 14th of Feb 2014. I had consumed one can of beer 2 hours ago, and on doing the breath analyzer test, my reading was 114 - which apparently is over the legal limit. I accepted that I had one beer, and was then taken to the chowki, where I paid what they called a 'fine' of Rs. 2100. My license and RC book have been kept by the police but they let a friend of mine drive the car home. I've been asked to come to the police chowki on Monday, that is tomorrow, from whence, they said they will take me to court. 

What is the best thing for me to do here on? Should I plead guilty? Should I plead non-guilty? What happens if I'm convicted? Please help. I'm very confused
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Usually it is a state law. However hire a lawyer who can represent u in the court. Plead not guilty. U will be asked to pay some fine at the max.

If you plead not guilty, then you would have had to fight the entire case till end of trial. However, note that evidence is against you; therefore paying fine is a better option.
Feroz A. Shaikh