• Police verification and job confirmation

I am a bank employee my probation period is for 6 months which can be maximum extended upto another 3 months as per Sastry and Desai award. I have completed more than one year in the Bank's service but till now the Bank's HR department is not issuing any confirmation letter as my police verification is pending about which i can not do anything. I am not getting any kind of clear statement about my service status. Please help
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from Kolkata, West Bengal
1. Enquire whether police verification request has been sent to the Police department or not,

2. If yes, then enquire from your local policae station and arrange to exedite despatch of the police report for which you might have ro take appropriate step,

3. You shall have to wait till these steps are completed.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18547 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can use the Right to information act for getting the informations from the police authorities and the bank on the police verification report and the service status. Then you can approach the High court for an appropriate direction to regularise your service.
A. Maria Stephen
Advocate, Kanyakumari
17 Answers

4.3 on 5.0

If possible find out from the bank whether or not papers pertaining to police verification have been forwarded to police alternatively get the information through RTI and then to follow up with local police for sending the same to the bank. If nothing is done seek direction from court through writ petition.
S.P. Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
703 Answers
13 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

File an application under the Right to Information Act addressing the Police authorities if your employer has no answers to give you for the pending verification. You can approach Central Administrative Tribunal or respective High Court seeking direction for regularization of your services on the completion of the probation period.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
866 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer