• Fake profiles on facebook

There is a girl using a fake profile on facebook. Using the fake profile she has attracted me by posting photos of love garden and then a photo with "J" on her profile and I send her a lot of messages. She was not replying and only collecting my messages. She fooled me by using "J" profile so I got convinced we had someting in common. 

Now using the messages on her fake profile she has made complaint against me in the police. Under Section 415 & 416 it is a crime to use a fake name and collect information.  

All communication I have done to the fake profile of hers. What should I do. I have collected several proofs.

I had a doubt that she is a girl named Monika Nagraj Zalse which I knew & have her biodata which mentions her name as Monika Zalse and the name used on facebook is Monika Patil. There are numerous proofs that she is Monika Zalse. I have not gone to the police station but sent information about her by post to them.

What should I do. I can give all proofs.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Nashik, Maharashtra
1. Since some case has been registered first take bail in it.
2. During investigation bring these informations to Police.
3. If your information turns out to be true then the case can be closed and you can file counter case of defamation.
4. Even now also you can file complaint of criminal impersonation against the said girl.
1. The girl apparently laid down a trap and you walked right into it. It seems to be a part of the larger and sinister design of the girl to extract money from you. 

2. What is the nature of messages you sent to her? Since the complaint has been filed against you it is imperative that you defend yourself by taking the defence that the girl had misrepresented her identity. 

3. The onus is on your shoulders to prove that the real identity of the girl is not what she claims. Police may send you summons for interrogation.

4. Since the complaint has been filed you will have to first seek bail when you appear in the court.
1. It appears that you have been trapped by her,

2.  Sec 415 may not be applicable in your case,

3. However, apply for AB since FIR has been lodged against you,

4. On being interrogated by police, if you are called, submit all your evidence about her impersonation.
First apply and obtain AB then submit all proofs to police if call for introgation.when case is closed then file for defamation against her.
1. Fine. Produce all these information and evidence before the police when you are called,

2. Meantine apply for AB.
1. Apply for bail immediately. 

2. Later on produce the above information to prove your innocence.
if you have posted any insane materials then you have committed offence of stalking. If ID was fake then you should have reject or inform to facebook. 
at this time you should approach for anticipatory bail. collect and save all information about fake id and face the trial. don't file cross case but at the stage of framing of charge you should adduce all evidence and if it will established her guilt then your sentence would be lower down and probably you'll get benefit of sec 360 of crpc and set free.