• Government job

I have passed written exam of junior accounts assistant of Indian Railways in the year 1991. Total 90 students are passed this exam which was then published in paper,out of which 30 students i.e 1/3rd are to be selected for the post by conducting interview.When the final result came 30 students are selected but all are not from those 90 students who has passed the written exam but from who were not in the list of passed candidate of 90 students.can i file a case now to claim justice,why not they selected 30 students out of those 90 students.
Asked 3 years ago in Labour from Jalandhar, Punjab
Dear Client,
Yes you can file a Writ Petition in front of High Court and where you can challenge that issue if want some more clarification then contact us.
Anurag Bhatt
Advocate, Allahabad
83 Answers
1 Consultation

3.7 on 5.0

1. It was a fit case to file Writ Petition before the High Court but you can not do it now since the matter has become barred by limitation,

2. You can not rake up the issue after 23 years praying for relief.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18101 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No case can be filed now at such a belated time. If you have grievance with the selection,  the issue first would have been raised at the selection committee. Or a direct writ petition is to be filed challenging the arbitrariness. 

Why has the issue become important now?
Shaveta Chaudhary (Sanghi)
Advocate, Chandigarh
843 Answers
63 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer