• Property dispute

Dear Sir, 

My mother has bought property in 1996. The first owner of the flat had loan against the property from United India insurance where he was employed as data entry operator. 

The agreement is of 2.56 lacs of which 1.36 lacs was already paid and the balance was to be paid after the settle ment of loan with united india insurance. But unfortunately owner of the flat disappeared with the money and never returned. 

We are in possession of the flat since 1996 however the agreement is not registered. We have tried approaching his wife who herself is helpless and is of little help to us. 

We approached united india insurance company who is not willing to entertain us as we are not party to them. There is only communication from united india addressing to our society stating the property should not be transfered as there is O/s against the property. 

We had registered case which was against United India Insurance as stay against the property. Because there was no representation from United India insurance the case is now dismissed in the year 2011 which was at thane court Mumbai.  

We dont know where about of this gentleman. 

Request you to please suggest way forward. 


Tushar Thakkar
Asked in Property Law from Property dispute advice required, Maharashtra

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a Lawyer

Property Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
18679 Answers
176 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
28472 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
13923 Answers
309 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
19897 Answers
520 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
7279 Answers
82 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
3303 Answers
51 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
996 Answers
73 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2070 Answers
24 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1339 Answers
75 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Kiran N. Murthy
Advocate, Bangalore
829 Answers
62 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0